For slip-resistant flooring, bathtubs, ceramic tile, concrete, apply this colorless antislip treatment. Reduce risks and dangers of slips and falls on tile or concrete swimming pool steps, hard surfaces around swimming pools, concrete porch stoops, ceramic tile bathroom floors, and shower floors and more. InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution floor treatment makes hard surfaces skid resistant.
Applying this anti-slip floor solution reduces the risk and dangers of slip/falls on hard surfaces like ceramic tile, glazed brick, marble, polished stone, terrazzo, river rock, concrete, and quarry tile. These surfaces can be submerged such as in swimming pools, whirlpools, and bathtubs.
This one-gallon size (128 Oz.) of InvisaTread treats about 400 square feet. Reduce the potential of personal injuries, lawsuits, and litigation, employee days lost and increased insurance costs. The increased coefficient of friction gained when surfaces are treated (not coated) with InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution is a positive proven safety solution for owners of residential and commercial properties and facilities. The invisible “tread” increases the coefficient of friction by 100% to 500%.
Surfaces treated with InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution are automatically skid and slip resistant when wet or moistened. Use InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution on almost all hard surfaces, such as ceramic tile, glazed brick, marble, polished stone, terrazzo, river rock, concrete, and quarry tile.
InvisaTread®’s Simple Application Instructions:
- Clean / RinseClean and degrease area with cleaner / degreaser. Cleaning product should not leave any residue on the surface. Traction Wash™ or product with like characteristics recommended.
- Apply InvisaTread®Spray, pour or mop InvisaTread® or InvisaTread® Outdoors onto the surface. Spray recommended for best coverage. Metal drains or carpet areas should be masked off.
- Dwell Time (See Dwell Time Chart)Allow InvisaTread® to dwell on the surface for a period of time. The area should not dry out during the process. Add more product as needed. See dwell time chart for more details
- Rinse and RemoveRinse thoroughly with clean water and remove rinse water and residue material. For stone or concrete surfaces; residue might need to be scrubbed off.The area may be used immediately.
After Treatment Maintenance
InvisaTread is a micro-etching product which increases the Coefficient of Friction (COF) by making microscopic changes to the treated surface. Most surfaces treated with InvisaTread® or InvisaTread® Outdoors will look and feel the same as before treatment. In order to maintain this increased COF, treated surfaces must be properly maintained and cleaned. Cleaners/degreasing products can be used providing that they do not leave any residue on the surface which will fill in the microscopic changes to the treated surface.
Use Traction Wash™ at a 1:32 dilution for regular cleaning and maintenance or 1:10 for heavy grime.
Dwell Time Chart
|Surface Type||Dwell Time||2nd Application|
|Porcelain / Ceramic – Glazed||10 – 12 min||Varies depending on glazing and surface – Shiny surfaces should be treated for 5min 1st to check for shine and slip resistance.|
|Porcelain – Matte||10 – 12 min||Varies depending on the surface|
|Porcelain – Polished||6 – 8 Min||No|
|Quarry Tile||10 – 12 min||Varies depending on surface – degrease thoroughly|
|Honed Stone (Travertine, Limestone, Marble etc)||7 – 10 min||Varies depending on surface – May be sealed after with an impregnating or penetrating sealer. The residue will need to be scrubbed off.|
|Granite||3 – 6 min (maximum)||No – test area before in order to preserve the shine.|
|Concrete /. Polished Concrete||8 – 12 min||No – Residue may need to be scrubbed off. Rinse thoroughly|
|Terrazzo||8 – 10 min||No – Residue may need to be scrubbed off. Rinse thoroughly|
Why use antislip InvisaTread? Slip/fall accidents are a major problem. The statistics are substantial. After auto accidents, SLIP/FALL ACCIDENTS ARE THE LEADING CAUSE OF INSURANCE LIABILITY PAYMENTS. In addition, slip/fall accidents, paid for by workers’ compensation claims, have greatly increased over the last 10 years. Keep your feet on the ground!
Q: How does InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution work?
A: InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution microscopically treats floor or fixture surfaces to bring back the natural void via the treads in the surface material. Depending upon the void in a natural material (before being coated), the material is naturally slip resistant. When water fills in that void, the floor becomes slippery as the water doesn’t allow space between the water and the bottom of your foot and you “hydroplane” like a car on a wet road.
Adding InvisaTread® thus increases the coefficient of friction on a tile floor or a porcelain bathtub. This is not a coating that can wear off: this is a process that creates a tread design on the mineral surface itself.
Q: Does the treated surface look or feel any different?
A: There is no discernible change in appearance. However, when wet, the feeling is SAFE!
Q: Why is there a need for InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution?
A: Slip/Fall accidents are the nation’s #2 accidental killer. Over 9 million disabling injuries every year. Business insurance rates are skyrocketing. Increases of 25% annually are common.
Q: How long is the InvisaTread® guarantee?
A: 2 years for bathtubs and showers. 1 year for traffic areas.
Q: Is InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution difficult to apply?
A: No, InvisaTread® is easy to apply. One worker can treat hard surfaces at the rate of 600 square feet per hour, per worker. Bathtubs require less than 10 minutes with no strenuous work.
Q: Does InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution kill germs?
A: The chemical in InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution is known to inhibit bacterial and fungi growth and to kill some bacteria and fungi. Test data is being gathered on germ killing and will be available at a later date.
Q: If my floor is sealed, can I still use InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution?
A: Yes, InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution works through most floor seals and effectively applies the “invisible tread.” Two applications may be required for sealed floors.
Q: What if there is grease on my floor?
A: InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution loosens grease, making it easier to remove any grease on your floor. More than one application may be required. Once again, it may take more than one application. InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution will loosen all hardened grease on your floor.
Q: Can I wax over the InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution?
A: NO. Wax fills in the “invisible tread” that InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution placed on your floor. We recommend a dry buff to bring up the shine.
Q: Is InvisaTread® Anti-Slip Solution dangerous?
A: The level of danger is similar to household bleach. Similar cautions are on each bottle. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid eye contact. Wear rubber gloves. Use in a ventilated area. Can be fatal if swallowed. Do not use on wood, vinyls or plastics.
InvisaTread Anti-Slip Solution Specifications:
- Use on tile floors, bathtubs, showers and on almost all hard surfaces, such as ceramic tile, glazed brick, marble, polished stone, terrazzo, river rock, concrete, and quarry tile.
- 4 oz. bottle: 12 sq. ft.
- 16 oz. bottle: 48 sq. ft.
- Gallon: 400 sq. ft.
- 5 Gallon Bucket: 2,000 sq. ft.
- Increases the anti-slip CEF by 100% to 500%.
- Chemical Name: Hydroxy Acetic Acid.
- Physical State: Clear yellow, mild odor.
- pH: 7.6.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid eye contact. Wear rubber gloves. Use in a ventilated area. Can be fatal if swallowed. Do not use on wood, vinyls or plastics.
- Warranty: 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty on traffic areas; 2 years on bathtubs and showers. If the customer installed InvisaTread ® Anti-Slip Solution, the company will send additional material to the customer at no cost excluding shipping
- Disclaimer: InvisaTread ® ANTI-SLIP SOLUTION helps to reduce the risk of slip/fall accidents, but GroutRejuvenator, its agents and representatives do not warrant or guarantee to the customer, or any other person or party, against the Occurrence of slip/falls, or other accidents, personal injury, or property damage of any nature. Accidents and falls may occur on treated areas, notwithstanding its treatment with InvisaTread ® ANTI-SLIP SOLUTION and customer AGREES to indemnify and hold harmless Advanced Floor Care Products and its agents and representatives, free and harmless from any damages, claims, demands or causes of action arising in connection with or brought by anyone allegedly slipping, falling, tripping, or stumbling on treated area.
Application Directions for InvisaTread™ Anti-Slip Treatment Solution
InvisaTread™ Anti-Slip Solution reduces the risk and dangers of slip/falls and the resultant potential of personal injury, lawsuits, and litigation costs, employee days lost and increased insurance cost. The increased coefficient of friction gained when surfaces are treated (not coated) with InvisaTread™ Anti-Slip Solution is a positive proven safety solution for owners of residential and commercial properties and facilities. When surfaces become wet or moist, those surfaces are automatically skid and slip resistant, when treated with InvisaTread™ Anti-Slip Solution.
InvisaTread Anti-Slip Solution can be used on almost all hard surfaces, such as ceramic tile, glazed brick, marble, polished stone, terrazzo, river rock, concrete, and quarry tile.
- Clean & Rinse Area
- Pour InvisaTread™ on Surface
- Mop/Sponge Surface Liberally
- Let Stand for 15-20 Minutes
- Rinse-Off w/Clean Water
- The area may be used immediately
After Treatment Care:
- Clean normally
- Do not wax (Wax fills in the enhanced read created by the InvisaTreadTM treatment.)
- Bath & Shower Areas – 2 years
- Traffic Areas – 1 year
Static Coefficient of Friction for InvisaTread Anti-Slip Treatment Solution
A static anti-slip coefficient of friction of .50 or above is considered a safe walkway surface with a dry condition. A reading below .50 is considered an unsafe walkway surface. (Source: Slip and Fall Handbook, by SI Rosen, Hanrow Press)
The CEF is dramatically reduced when an untreated flat tile surface is subjected to water or other wetting agents. The CEF of an InvisaTread Anti-Slip Solution treated surface complies with the above industry standards.
LEGAL DEFINITIONS OF NEGLIGENCE: Failure to use a reasonable amount of care when such failure results in injury or damage to another.
Accepted Industry Standards
As adopted by Underwriters Laboratory (UL) and the American Society of A Testing and Materials (ASTM):
- .75 and above using InvisaTread Anti-Slip Treatment Solution
- .60 or above: Very Safe
- .50 to .59: Relatively Safe
- .40 to .49: Dangerous
- .35 to .39: Very Dangerous
The Ceramic Tile Institute identifies tile in three categories:
- .75 and above using InvisaTread Anti-Slip Treatment Solution
- .60 or above: Slip Resistant
- .50 to .59: Conditionally Slip Resistant
- Less than .50: Questionable